Lawrence Technological University
College of Arts and Science
Departments of Mathematics, Computer Sciences and Biology
Expectations for Programming Homework Assignments
This page covers courses I teach at Lawrence Technological
University. The intent of these points is to explain the
rubrics I use in grading programs submitted for
- All of this assumes acceptance of the Lawrence Technological
University's Honor Code Policy that you not present others
work as if it were your own.
- There is a late penalty for homework not completed on time.
See your syllabus page for details.
- Your homework is complete when you have demonstrated that
you understand the code by including all of these
with the code you submit:
- Comments and other in-line documentation.
- Testing runs with results for both typical and edge cases.
- Proper approbation for other programmer's code that you
- Submit plain text files and not .doc files or screen shots.
- Submit a .png, .jpg or .gif file only if required for the
- Do not show code in proportional fonts. Use only fixed width
Revised August 25, 2014